Whispers of What Could Have Been

I said yes to the date… he was one of the few who actually asked. Our first chat flowed too well… When we finally met, it felt like a sucker punch. He wasn’t just cute… he was breathtaking.

Talking revealed eerily similar childhoods, despite different family dynamics. We clicked over the weirdest things… I could practically read his mind. He was like a walking romcom cliché…

A brief separation… I chased… we reunited. Friends for barely a month before realizing friendship wasn’t enough. Endless nights of conversation… drowning in each other.

Then… Japan. His military posting tore us apart. Too new to follow him… we split amicably. “Best friends,” he said.

A year passed… A friend’s betrayal… attempted SA… I reached out, but he was shipping out. Silence.

His Japan photos appeared one day… There she was. “Just a girl?” I asked. “A crush? Date? Girlfriend?

Girlfriend. My chest burned… but his silence cut deeper. He couldn’t explain why he hadn’t told me. “I just… like her,” he said.

Months of misery followed… Tears… Dreams of him unable to leave her… Should I wait? Should I let go?

I chose to let go… and suddenly, my dream job materialized. The very same day… he proposed to her. A week later… married… baby on the way.

I liked their announcement… no hard feelings… but I’d rather free-fall from a skyscraper than meet her face-to-face.

3 Likes

He is just there to learn whatever he needs to be ready

Thank you for sharing your story with us :heart:

YES!!! Do not worry about meeting her or worry about her at all. You focus on YOU and the rest will follow?!